Most individuals go about their daily activities routinely, and then, one day, some of you acquire a splitting headache, and everything comes to a halt since even thinking about it is a chore. That’s because persistent headaches could be a sign of a migraine.
Migraines most commonly affect one part of the head. Additionally, the most directly traceable reason is the dilation of blood arteries. Many individuals may be surprised to learn that allopathy focuses on reducing the symptoms of migraines rather than treating the underlying cause. As a result, many people are turning to homeopathy as a remedy when they have exhausted trying all other choices for migraine treatment. People resort to homeopathy after wasting a lot of time and money on treatments that do not address the root of the problem.
When it comes to migraines, homeopathic medicine for migraine is beneficial since it addresses the underlying or core problem while minimizing the havoc resulting due to the symptoms of a migraine. One of the numerous advantages of utilizing migraine treatment in homeopathy is that there are no side effects. Many people nowadays are subjected to a dangerous mix of stress, eye strain, and loud noise. As a result, migraines are becoming much more common. However, a migraine patient can experience a lot of relief if he/she stays committed to homeopathic treatment.
Signs and Symptoms of Migraine:
The following are the features of a migraine headache, whether it has an aura or not:
- Pain that is throbbing, pounding, or pulsing. It usually starts on one side of your head and spreads to both sides or stays on one side.
- Intense pain is frequently felt on the sides of the head. It might last anywhere from 4 to 72 hours.
These symptoms may occur concurrently with or before the headache:
- Vomiting and nausea
- Vertigo, dizziness, or lightheadedness (feeling like the room is spinning)
- Appetite loss
- Visual disturbances, such as perceiving flashing lights or zigzag lines, transient blind spots, or impaired vision, are all examples of visual disturbances
- Parts of your body may feel numb, weak, or tingly.
- Head pain is aggravated by light, noise, and movement, particularly bending over.
- You’d like to sleep in a dark, quiet room
Symptoms that may persist long after the headache has passed include:
- Feeling intellectually drab, as if your thoughts aren’t clear or sharp
- Neck ache
Causes of Migraine:
Researchers are unsure what causes a migraine, but they do know that it includes abnormalities in the brain blood flow. Blood arteries narrow or constrict at first, limiting the blood flow, causing vision difficulties, difficulty in speaking, weakness, numbness, or tingling in one area of the body, and other symptoms. Blood arteries dilate or expand later, thereby resulting in greater blood flow and a severe headache.
- Hormone fluctuations, such as during pregnancy, before and during your period, and throughout menopause
- Perfume and smoking, for example, have distinct scents
- Bright lighting
- Noises that are too loud
- Physical or emotional stress
- Caffeine overuse or insufficient sleep
- Taking excessive medicine for headache
- The usage of tobacco
- High altitude, high heat, and high humidity
- Excessive use of headache drugs might lead to more frequent and severe headaches.
Homeopathic Medicines For Migraine
Some of the best homeopathic medications for migraine treatment are listed below.
- Belladonna: This homeopathic medicine is effective in the treatment of migraines, which are characterized by throbbing headaches. In his mind, the patient has a feeling of fullness. When exposed to sunshine, the headache worsens. This medication can also be used to relieve migraine headaches resulting due to catching a cold or being exposed to cold, wet air.
- Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is a homeopathic remedy for migraine headaches that result due to stomach problems. This homeopathic remedy treats migraines occurring due to indigestion, piles, and constipation. It’s a quick-relieving solution for headaches that develop after eating fatty foods or consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Spigelia: It is a homeopathic treatment that is most commonly used to alleviate migraine headaches on the left side of the head. It’s referred to as a left-sided migraine. The headaches affect the left temporal area of the head, the forehead, and the eyes. It is felt or sensed as though a tight band is tied around the head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: It is a homeopathic remedy for migraine headaches that occur on the right side of the head. The throbbing and pain are felt on the right side of the head, beginning at the rear of the skull and settling above the right eye. This drug is also used to treat migraine headaches that start in the morning and get worse throughout the day. It helps ladies suffering from migraines after menopause.
- Glonoinum: This powerful homeopathic remedy is used to treat migraine headaches resulting due to severe head congestion. The patient believes his skull has grown larger and is about to burst. He notices a ring of heat around his head and enlarged eyeballs. This homeopathic remedy is widely used to relieve migraine headaches resulting due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
Triggers That One Must Avoid When Dealing With Migraine
To reduce your chances of experiencing a migraine, avoid common migraine triggers as much as possible.
Begin by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Try not to be in the bright light, and avoid listening to loud music. Stay away from loud noises as well
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol
- Try not to eat the food items that trigger the migraine
- If the weather is causing a migraine attack, stay inside.
- Make sure that you get enough rest.
- Eat healthful, well-balanced meals regularly.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
For hundreds of years, homeopathy has been used to treat a variety of ailments, including migraine. If you are suffering from migraine and you are approaching homeopathy treatment, it is always advisable to get treatment from a licensed homeopathy practitioner. He/she will examine and diagnose your headache before prescribing the best homeopathic medications to treat it and help you receive the best positive results.