Arthritis causes painful joint inflammation and stiffness. In simpler words, it is an inflammatory joint disorder. People usually think that arthritis can only occur in people who are above 50. But, the reality is that it can affect people of any gender or age. There are many types of arthritis which include osteoarthritis (degenerative arthritis), rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic arthritis, gout, pseudoarthrosis, psoriatic arthritis, Still’s disease, septic arthritis, reactive arthritis, arthritis originating from SLE, etc.
Most people around the world suffer from osteoarthritis. It develops as a result of the deterioration of the protecting cartilage on the ends of your bones over time. Even though osteoarthritis can harm any joint in your body, it most frequently affects the hands, knees, hips, and spine.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis
Here’s a quick rundown of the symptoms and signs of osteoarthritis.
- Joint starts to hurt after doing some work for a short or long time
- Popping noise when the joint experiences pressure
- Inflammation surrounding a joint
- Muscle wasting close to the joint
- Joint buckling or instability
Many body parts are also get affected by OA:
- Hips: Pain in the buttocks, groin area, and inside of the knee or thigh
- Knees: When bending the knee, there is a grating feeling.
- Fingers: Fingers swell and one may experience redness along with pain at the start of the thumb
- Feet: Swollen feet and toes along with soreness in the ankle
Symptoms of osteoarthritis can be efficiently controlled, but the underlying disease cannot be stopped. The disease’s course may be slowed down and the pain and joint function may be improved by staying active, maintaining a healthy weight, and receiving additional therapies.
Osteoarthritis occurs gradually as the cartilage that shields the ends of the bones in your joints deteriorates. Joint mobility is almost frictionless thanks to the strong, slippery tissue known as cartilage. The smooth cartilage surface becomes rough due to osteoarthritis. If the cartilage is eventually worn down entirely, you can be left with bone pushing against bone.
Osteoarthritis pain typically develops gradually over many months or years, unlike other types of arthritis. It frequently gets worse when engaging in joint-stressing activities, such as jogging or protracted walking.
Joint swelling and pain usually worsen gradually over time. In certain cases, particularly in more severe diseases, damaged joints may feel as though they are crunching or grinding. Compared to inflammatory arthritis like rheumatoid or psoriatic arthritis, such as osteoarthritis, prolonged morning stiffness is not a prominent OA symptom. Normal symptoms of osteoarthritis do not include fevers, weight loss, or extremely hot and red joints.
Osteoarthritis can be treated naturally using a variety of homeopathic medications. Osteoarthritis homeopathic treatment can be very helpful in minimizing the pain, swelling, and stiffness of joints because it is made of natural ingredients and has no side effects. Although these natural treatments cannot reverse the cartilage deterioration that has already occurred in the joints in advanced cases of osteoarthritis, they unquestionably aid in decreasing the progression of cartilage degeneration. Natural treatments for osteoarthritis are always effective and fully safe.
5 Homeopathic Medicines for Osteoarthritis
Some of the best homeopathic medicine for osteoarthritis are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba is very helpful in treating osteoarthritis of the knee, a condition in which walking makes the pain in the knee joint turn worse and complete rest makes the patient feel better. Bryonia Alba can be quite helpful for osteoarthritis patients who have knee pain when accessing the stairs to ascend and experience cracking sounds while walking.
- Ruta Graveolans: Another homeopathic treatment that is quite effective for osteoarthritis of the knee joint is Ruta Graveolans. The primary warning signs for using it include knee discomfort that worsens when the knee is bent while kneeling or walking downstairs, and when the pain subsides when pressure is applied to the affected knee. Ruta Graveolans also ease knee pain that is alleviated by stretching the limb.
- Causticum is also a successful treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee joints, which causes severe stiffness and cracking in the knee joints along with severe knee pain. Applying heat to the pain reduces it, whereas exposure to cold air makes it worse.
- Sulfur is also incredibly beneficial for treating patients with osteoarthritis of the knee joint. This medication is also used to treat stiffness and discomfort that worsen upon standing, as well as knee joint difficulties that are increased when using stairs. Pain prevents some patients from walking straight. Those who additionally have high foot heat in addition to knee discomfort can benefit from the use of sulfur as a treatment.
- Rhus Tox: For the treatment of joint discomfort, Rhus Tox’s homeopathic medication works incredibly well. This medication helps you obtain relief from joint pain, which includes both acute and chronic. When a patient complains of marked joint stiffness and excruciating pain, this homeopathic medicine may help. This homeopathic remedy can treat several types of joint pain, no matter whether it’s pain due to rheumatic causes to one that results due to overexertion-related accidents.
These are some of the homeopathic medicines that are used in the treatment of osteoarthritis. It is suggested not to take or consume these medicines until and unless you have taken consultation or treatment from a homeopath practitioner.
If used properly, osteoarthritis treatment in homeopathy can ease pain and increase mobility. If you are facing an osteoarthritis problem, it is recommended to take treatment from an experienced homeopath practitioner, as he/she will able to treat your problem according to your condition. It is also recommended to not take these medicines by yourself or if some common man has suggested them.
If you are opting for homeopathy treatment, take the proper medications and complete the treatment without a gap. This is recommended because the majority of patients disobey the doctor’s orders and stop treatment after experiencing some progress in relief. As soon as the patient’s condition improves, their homeopathic treatments can be lowered or discontinued entirely.
Completing the prescribed medication doses and the entire treatment is a requirement of homeopathic treatment. When arthritis is properly treated with homeopathy the symptoms of pain, stiffness, and swelling can be reduced effectively and permanently, and the condition’s deterioration can be slowed down without any side effects.