Dental problems are often associated with a lot of swelling, difficulty in eating and drinking and severe pain at the affected site. Homeopathy offers some wonderful medicines which help in managing the pain, bleeding and inflammation of the teeth, gums and oral cavity as a whole.
Here is the list of most common dental problems which can be managed well by homeopathic medicines.
- Sensitivity of the teeth: When the patient experiences severe pain in the tooth while taking something cold or hot it is said that he has sensitive teeth. Medicines like Hypericum, Arnica Montana and Ledum give very good results in above condition. They help in reducing the sensitivity of the teeth and make it bearable for the patients.
- Tooth abscess: When there is abscess formation in the oral cavity homeopathic medicines can act as an antibiotic and painkiller. Medicines like Hepar Sulph, Belladonna, Arnica Montana, Silica, Myristica Sebifera etc. work very well. A qualified homeopath will decide which medicine should be given to the patient depending on the symptoms.
- Difficult dentition during childhood: Normally, dentition starts after the age of 5 months in children. There are several instances where the dentition in the children is either delayed or extremely difficult giving rise to other health problems along with the process of dentition. Homeopathic drugs play a major role in making the process of dentition smooth and trouble free. Drugs like Calcarea Carbonica, Calcarea Phosphoricum etc. offer excellent results in above condition.
- Referred pain in the teeth due to Trigeminal Neuralgia: There are many instances of toothache due to some underlying conditions. Trigeminal Neuralgia is one such condition where the patient experiences severe toothache although he has healthy teeth and gums. Such cases are very well managed by homeopathic medicines. Medicines like Magnesium Phosphoricum, Hypericum are found useful in treating the dental pain arising as a result of Trigeminal Neuralgia.
- Pain while eruption of wisdom tooth: Usually, wisdom tooth appears between the ages of 17 to 25 years. Wisdom tooth is nothing but the last molar tooth. It may give trouble in some individuals while erupting. The pain of wisdom tooth can easily be brought under control with the help of homeopathic medicines.
- When tooth extraction is suggested by the Dentist: in some conditions like complete tooth decay, surgical removal of the tooth is the only option left. The homeopathic medicine like Arnica Montana if given to the patient before tooth extraction helps in relieving the pain of surgery; reduce the bleeding and offers a faster recovery after the tooth extraction. Thus, homeopathic medicines play a significant role pre and post surgically.
Homeopathic medicines are extremely effective, without any toxic side effects, suitable for the patients of all age groups right from infants to senior citizens. They are also found to be cost effective.
Homeopathic medicines are better tolerated by patients in comparison to conventional antibiotics and painkillers.
Thus, homeopathic medicines offer a great help in dealing with the common dental problems which are listed above.
It is worthwhile to note that it is very important for the patient to consult a qualified and experienced homeopath for the treatment. Self-medication is harmful and does not produce desired results.