Are you suffering from the pain or swelling in a joint in your body? Gout is marked by transient attacks of acute arthritis initiated by urate crystals deposited within and around the joints.
There are four clinical stages which are recognized:
- Asymptomatic hyperuricemia appears around puberty in men and after menopause in women.
- Acute arthritis presents after several years as a sudden onset of excruciating joint pain, localized hyperemia, and warmth.
- Asymptomatic inter-critical period: Resolution of acute arthritis leads to a symptom-free interval. In the absence of appropriate therapy, the attacks occur repeatedly at decreasing intervals and it frequently becomes polyarticular.
- Chronic tophaceous gout develops on average about 12 years after the initial acute attack. At this stage, radiographs show characteristic juxta-articular bone and a loss of the joint space.
We treat patients from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
Here are some dietary tips to help obtain relief in gout.
- Avoid high purines containing foods which can increase uric acid levels, such as anchovies, organ meat, red meat, mackerel, tuna, sardines, shrimp, crab, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach, dried beans, peas, lentils, and cauliflower.
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables, such as cherries, strawberries, oranges, celery, etc.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Drink more water, at least 8-12 glasses of water.
- Maintain a healthy weight and blood pressure.
- Avoid sugary drinks and foods which are high in fructose.
Homeopathic Remedies for Gout:
Here are some homeopathic remedies for gout that can help you obtain relief.
- Ledum: It is indicated for persons who suffer from rheumatic and gouty diathesis. When the patient experiences sticking, tearing, throbbing pain which is more at night and is relieved by the warmth of the bed, and the relief in pain gets better only while holding feet in the ice water, Ledum is recommended. The development of the pain in the lower limbs and it ascends downward and the swelling of feet up to the knee also indicate this remedy.
- Benzoic acid: It is indicated for people with gouty, uremic, or lithaemic constitution. These patients suffer more or less from irregularities in the action of kidneys. Urine is dark brown with a highly intensified odor like that of the horse. It is also indicated where there are gouty concretions that affect all the joints, particularly the knee which produces a cracking sound on every motion. When there is tearing and stitching pain in the great toe and the symptoms of gout are all aggravated at night, Benzoic acid is recommended.
- Colchicum: If you are suffering from gout, try Colchicum. It has a specific power of relieving gouty paroxysm. When the affected parts are red, hot, and swollen and the patient screams with pain on touching a joint or stubbing a toe, Colchicum may help. One of the striking features of this remedy is shifting rheumatism, its tendency to move from one joint to another, from one side to another.
- Carboneum sulphuratum: This remedy is indicated when the patient develops sore, bruised limbs and anesthesia of the arms and hands. Arthritic nodules are observed on the hands. Swollen, insensible, rigid, and stiff fingers indicate carboneum sulphuratum. When the patient experiences lightning-like pain with cramp, pain in the lower limbs with cramp, and formication. Flying pains, returning regularly for a long time indicate this medicine.
- Sabina: It is indicated in cases of the bruised pain in the anterior portion of the thighs, shooting pain in heels and metatarsal bones, and red shiny swelling of joints with arthritic pain. During examination gouty nodosities are observed. When the symptoms are aggravated in the heated rooms, this medicine may help.
Now that you know how effective dietary management and homeopathy are in managing gout, make the necessary changes in your diet, and count on homeopathy without a second thought.